Double Orange Scones with Orange Butter
- 2 cups flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- Scones: Combine first 4 ingredients in a large bowl; stir well.
- Cut in butter with pastry blender until mixture is crumbly.
- Add oranges, milk and egg, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Turn dough out onto a heavily floured surface, and knead lightly 4 or 5
- Pat dough into a 6-inch circle on a greased baking sheet.
- Cut into wedges; separate wedges slightly.
- Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon sugar.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 15 to 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Serve warm with orange butter.
- Orange Butter: Combine butter and orange marmalade in a small bowl, stirring
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Scone Recipes