Fruit Cocktail Granola Scones
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup granola
- 1 (16 ounce) can fruit cocktail, drained
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F; grease a baking sheet.
- Combine the flour, 1/4 cup sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- Cut in the butter with a pastry blender or 2 knives until the mixture resembles coarse
crumbs; stir in the granola.
- Stir in the fruit cocktail and eggs; blend just until moistened.
- Place the dough on a lightly floured surface. Roll out the dough
into a 7-inch circle with a lightly floured rolling pin; place on the baking sheet.
- Sprinkle the remaining sugar over the top.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out
- Cut into 6 wedges.
- Remove from the baking sheet. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Serve warm or cool completely.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Scone Recipes