- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 6 tablespoons granulated sugar, divided
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons grated orange peel
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- In large bowl, stir together flour, 4 tablespoons sugar, baking powder, ginger,
baking soda and salt.
- With 2 knives or pastry blender, cut in 1/2 cup butter until particles are fine.
- Stir in orange peel.
- With fork, beat together egg and buttermilk;
add to flour mixture and mix. Divide in 2 parts. Turn each onto heavily floured
surface; knead lightly with floured hands. Pat into circles 5/8-inch thick and with
floured knife, cut into 6 wedges. Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle each with 1/2 teaspoon remaining sugar.
- Bake at 425 degrees F until golden, about 14 minutes.
- Serve split with butter and/or jelly.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Scone Recipes