Heart-Shaped Cheese Scones
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons milk
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda; stir
- In another bowl, combine egg, sour cream, oil and milk; stir into dry ingredients
just until moistened.
- Turn onto a floured surface and knead gently 10 to 12 times.
Gently pat out to 1/3-inch thickness. Cut with a 3-inch heart-shaped cutter.
- Place on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 425 degrees F for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
Yield: about 1 dozen