Honey-Pumpkin Cashew Scones
- 1 cup cashew flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tablespoon honey, divided
- Heat your oven to 400 degrees F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl combine dry Ingredients, cashew flour, baking powder and cinnamon.
- In a second bowl mix together egg, pumpkin and 1 1/2 teaspoons honey. Mix
together wet and dry ingredients.
- Form the dough into a circle (or whatever shape you’d like) on the parchment
- Bake for about 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and slice into 6 pieces.
- Return to the oven and bake for an additional 5 to 10 minutes (if you’d
like a slightly crisper edge).
- Allow the scones to cool.
- Drizzle with the remaining honey.
Yield: 6 scones
Recipe and photo credit: National Honey Board - nhb.org