Idaho® Potato Scones
Serve these Idaho® Potato Scones with a dollop of your favorite jam or preserves.
- 1 1/2 pounds Idaho® potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 3/4 cup flour (plus extra for rolling out scones)
- Cooking spray
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- In a medium stockpot, in water to cover, over high heat, cook potatoes for
about 15 minutes, or until fork-tender.
- Drain potatoes and transfer to a mixing bowl.
- With an electric mixer, beat potatoes until smooth.
- Add salt, margarine
and flour, and mix to combine. Turn mixture out onto a lightly floured board
and knead until smooth.
- Divide mixture into four portions. Using a rolling pin, roll and flatten
each portion into the size of a dinner plate. Cut each dough round into quarters
and prick them with a fork.
- Heat a large skillet or griddle over medium heat until hot. Spray skillet
lightly with cooking spray.
- Cook each scone until lightly browned on the bottom, then flip and brown
the other side.
- Serve warm.
Yield: 6 servings
Estimated Nutritional Analysis per Serving: 165 calories, 4 g fat, 0 mg cholesterol,
3 g protein, 404 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrates
Recipe by Catherine Wallace, Chef, Nipomo, CA.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Idaho Potato Commission
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Scone Recipes