Mandarin Orange Scones
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- Zest of 1 orange
- 1 can mandarin oranges, chopped
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 3 drops orange flavoring
- Fresh orange juice
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Scones: By hand, mix flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Cut in butter.
- Add buttermilk, orange zest and mandarin oranges.
- Turn dough onto well-floured board.
Add flour as needed. Knead dough; make eight 1-inch round wedges. Score the eight
- Bake for 12 to 16 minutes.
- Glaze: Combine confectioners' sugar, orange zest, orange flavoring and enough
fresh orange juice to make a runny glaze. Pour glaze over warm scones.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Scone Recipes