Provolone Cheese Scones
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) finely shredded Provolone cheese
- 2/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 egg
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F. Butter a baking sheet.
- Sift together flour, oats, sugar, baking powder, cream of tartar and salt in
a large bowl. Stir in cheese.
- In a small bowl beat together butter, milk and egg. Add to dry ingredients, stirring
just until mixed.
- Shape dough into ball and pat onto a lightly floured surface to
form an 8-inch circle. Cut into 8 to 12 wedges.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until light golden brown.
Yield: 8 to 12 scones