Pumpkin Spice Scones
- 2/3 cup (5 fluid ounce can) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup cold butter
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon orange zest
- 3/4 cup NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Pumpkin Spice Morsels
- 2 teaspoons coarse sugar, such as turbinado
- Heat oven 375 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper
or foil; lightly grease.
- Set aside 1 tablespoon of evaporated milk to brush on dough.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon in medium bowl.
- Cut butter into dry ingredients until it resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in remaining evaporated milk, egg and orange zest until moistened.
- Fold in morsels.
- Roll the dough into an 8-inch circle on lightly floured surface. Cut into
12 wedges and place 1-inch apart on prepared baking sheets. Press exposed morsels
lightly into dough.
- Brush each with reserved evaporated milk and sprinkle with coarse sugar.
- Bake for 11 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool on baking sheet on wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Serve warm.
- Store tightly covered.
Prep Time 15 min | Cooking Time 11 min | Yield: 12 servings
Nutritional Information Serving Size 1: Calories Per Serving 200 Calories
from fat 80 Sugars 9g Protein 4g
% Daily Value* Total Fat 9g 14% Saturated Fat 6g 30% Cholesterol 30mg 10%
Sodium 180mg 8% Carbohydrates 27g 9% Dietary Fiber 1g 4% Vitamin A 4% Vitamin
C 0% Calcium 8% Iron 6%
* Percentage Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Very Best Baking and Nestlé