- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 3/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 3/4 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Place the flour, salt, baking powder and sugar in bowl.
- Rub in butter with your fingers.
- Mix in raisins. Stir.
- Mix in milk with fork until dough forms.
- Turn dough
out onto a floured surface; sprinkle with a little flour and lightly knead. Flatten
it into round circle 1/2-inch thick. Cut into 8 triangles.
- Put onto a lightly-floured cookie sheet 2 to 3-inches apart.
- Bake at 450 degrees F for 10 minutes.
Makes 8 scones.