Rise and Shine California Cling Peach Scones
- 3 cups plus 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 5 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter, diced into small pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 can California Cling Peaches, drained and diced
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Mix scone ingredients in order listed in a Kitchen Aid mixer or using a hand mixer, using more or less buttermilk to make mixture adhere into scone shapes, but still wet.
- Hand form scones (makes 10-12) and place on cookie sheet covered with parchment paper or press into a Teflon coated scone pan.
- Mix glaze ingredients.
- Brush glaze mixture onto scones with a pastry brush or drizzle on with a spoon.
- Bake scones for 22 minutes, or until light brown on the bottom.
Yield: 10-12 medium size scones or 16-20 mini-scones
Recipe and photo used with permission from: California Cling Peach Board
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.