- 8 ounces pork sausage
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onions
- 2 cups buttermilk baking mix
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon instant onion
- 1/2 teaspoon crumbled dried oregano
- Cook sausage and onions in a skillet over medium heat until browned, breaking
up sausage as it cooks. Drain off excess fat; cool slightly.
- In medium size bowl combine baking mix and sausage mixture.
- Pour in milk and stir with a fork just until evenly moistened.
- Turn out onto ungreased baking sheet.
With floured hands, pat into an 8-inch round and cut in eighths with a sharp knife.
- Sprinkle instant onion and oregano over the top.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 20 minutes.
- Cool for 5 minutes, and serve warm.
Variation: Add a little grated cheese to baking mix.