Scones with Dried Cherries, Walnuts and Lemon
These are real good! Easy to make, too!
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter, chilled and cut into small cubes
- 3/4 cup dried cherries (original called for cranberries; any dried fruit would work)
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts (or any other nut
- 1/2 cup chilled half-and-half (I needed 4 tablespoons more)
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Set oven rack in top 1/3 of oven; heat to 375 degrees F.
- Put first 5 ingredients in processor and pulse a few times to mix and "sift."
- Add butter; pulse 10 times, then add nuts and fruit; pulse a few times to
- Turn out into large bowl, add half-and-half and mix with fork by flipping
it until you can make it form a ball.
- Cut the ball in half; flatten each half ball into a disk about 1 inch high
and 6 inches in diameter.
- Cut each disk into six wedges; place wedges a few inches apart on baking
sheet covered with parchment.
- Brush each wedge with lemon juice and sprinkle sugar over it.
- Bake until golden, and tester comes out clean (about 20 minutes).
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Next time try it with dried blueberries and pecans.
Posted at Recipe Goldmine by Bill C.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Scone Recipes