- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, chilled and cut into pieces
- 6-8 tablespoons milk or cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, cream of tartar, salt and
the 6 tablespoons sugar.
- Add butter to the flour mixture and use your fingertips
to rub it into the flour, breaking the butter down into pieces smaller than a pea.
- Combine milk and vanilla extract in a small bowl and add about 6 tablespoons
to flour mixture. Stir with a fork until dough comes together into a slightly sticky
ball. If necessary, add additional tablespoon or two of milk. Dough should not be
too wet. Divide dough into six even balls.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the 1/4 cup sugar and ground cinnamon.
- Roll each ball of scone dough in the cinnamon sugar mixture and flatten slightly
onto prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, until scones are set and edges begin to brown.
- Cool on a wire rack before serving.
Makes 6 large scones.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Scone Recipes