Spiced Pineapple Scones
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple (packed in juice)
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Light cream or milk
- 3 tablespoons chopped macadamia nuts or almonds
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- In a large mixing bowl stir together flour, the 1/3 cup sugar, baking powder
- Cut in butter or margarine until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Make
a well in the center.
- Stir in undrained pineapple just until dry ingredients are
moistened (dough will be sticky).
- On a lightly floured surface, knead dough gently 10 to 12 strokes. Roll dough
1/4 inch thick. Cut dough with a floured 2 1/2-inch biscuit cutter. Transfer scones
to an ungreased baking sheet.
- Brush tops with light cream or milk.
- For topping, stir together nuts, the 1 tablespoon sugar and cinnamon. Spread
about 1 teaspoon of the topping over each scone.
- Bake at 425 degrees F for about 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm.
Yield: 12 scones
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Scone Recipes