Strawberries and Cream Scones
- 1/2 cup strawberries (cut into 1/4 inch pieces)
- 2 cups cake flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 cup heavy cream*
* Half-and-Half can be substituted.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Mix flour, baking powder, sugar and salt in a large bowl.
- Cut butter into small cubes and blend with a pastry blender until it resembles oatmeal (or small peas, if you don't like oatmeal).
- Add the orange zest and strawberries.
- Slowly and gradually add the cream while mixing with a fork.
- As soon as the flour starts to come together into a dough, remove from the bowl and form into a ball. Place on a lightly floured surface and knead gently four or five times. Then shape with your hands (or a rolling pin) into an 8 x 10-inch rectangle. Cut the rectangle lengthwise into two 4 x 10-inch rectangles. Cut each of those into 6 or 7 triangles and place on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve warm with softened butter, jam, creme fraiche or just as they are!
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.