Strawberries and Cream Scones
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1/2 cup strawberries (cut into 1/4 inch pieces)
- 2 cups cake flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Mix flour, baking powder, sugar and salt in a large bowl.
- Cut butter into small cubes and blend with a pastry blender until it resembles
oatmeal (or small peas, if you don't like oatmeal).
- Add the orange zest and strawberries.
- Slowly and gradually add the cream while mixing with a fork.
- As soon as the flour starts to come together into a dough, remove from the bowl
and form into a ball. Place on a lightly floured surface and knead gently four or
five times. Then shape with your hands (or a rolling pin) into an 8 x 10-inch rectangle.
Cut the rectangle lengthwise into two 4 x 10-inch rectangles. Cut each of those
into 6 or 7 triangles and place on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve warm with softened butter, jam, creme fraiche or just as they are!
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Scone Recipes