Strawberry Shortcake Scones
- 1 1/2 cups strawberries, hulled and cut
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons sweet butter
- 2/3 cups milk
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Cut strawberries into 1/2-inch pieces and sprinkle with a little sugar to bring
out the juices and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Cut butter into several pieces and add to flour mixture. Using a pastry cutter or your fingers,
cut the butter into the flour until the butter looks like small peas.
- Stir in strawberries and gently stir to coat. Add milk and gently stir again
until dough begins to form.
- Using your hands, for a ball out of dough. Then roll out on a floured board until
- Cut the dough using a 2-inch or larger circle cutter. Place on greased baking
sheet and sprinkle tops with some sugar.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until golden.
Yield: 12 scones
Posted by bettyboop50 at Recipe Goldmine May 9, 2001.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Scone Recipes