Sweet Cherry Pecan Scones
- 2 cups dry biscuit mix
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup frozen dark sweet whole cherries
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease a large baking sheet or line with parchment
paper; set aside.
- Scones: In a mixing bowl, stir together biscuit mix, sugar and pecans.
- Add milk, lightly beaten egg and cherries; stir lightly with a fork (mixture will be dry), then knead
or stir lightly only until dough begins to form a ball and cherries soften and spread
in the dough.
- With a 1/4 cup measuring cup, scoop out dough and place on prepared baking sheet.
Gently flatten each scone with the palm of your hand.
- Glaze: Whip egg and water together
with a fork; brush each scone with egg wash, then sprinkle well with extra sugar.
- Bake scones for 12 to 15 minutes or until light gold.
- Serve at room temperature.
Makes about 8 scones.
To freeze, cool completely on wire racks, then wrap scones in foil or plastic
freezer bags. Freeze for up to one week; defrost, still wrapped, at room temperature
for about one hour.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Scone Recipes