- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/3 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons molasses
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and ginger in a bowl.
- Cut in butter with a pastry blender or rub in with your finger tips.
- Mix in molasses and buttermilk.
- Turn dough out on a lightly floured board, and pat into a circle
about 1/2-inch thick. Cut in wedges.
- Sprinkle tops with cinnamon and sugar, if desired.
- Bake on cookie sheet at 400 degrees F for about 15 minutes.
- Serve warm with butter.