- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup butter
- 2/3 to 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease cookie sheets.
- In large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda; blend
- Using fork or pastry blender, cut in margarine until mixture resembles coarse
- Add buttermilk and walnuts; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Drop by heaping teaspoonsful 2 inches apart onto greased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 9 to 12 minutes or until light golden brown. Immediately remove from cookie
- Serve warm.
Yield: 30 scones
High Altitude...Above 3500 feet: Decrease baking powder to 1 1/2 teaspoons; increase
buttermilk to 3/4 cup plus 1 to 2 tablespoons. Bake as directed above.
Posted by bettyboop50 at Recipe Goldmine 6/19/01 5:03:33 am.