Italian Bread Sticks
- 2 cups sifted flour
- 1 teaspoon dry yeast dissolved in 3 tablespoons warm water
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup lukewarm milk
- Sesame seeds
- Place 1 cup flour in mixing bowl.
- Blend in yeast mixture. Knead until smooth.
- Put into floured bowl and cover with damp cloth. Leave in a warm place until
double in bulk.
- Mix remaining ingredients into a smooth paste. Place on floured board and
add risen dough; knead until smooth and satiny.
- Put dough into a large floured bowl, cover and let rise to double in bulk.
- Turn and knead until it doesn't stick to unfloured board.
- Divide into 14 parts. Shape each by rolling between hands into a rope six
to seven inches long. Place on buttered baking sheet one inch apart.
- Brush with milk and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake at 425 degrees F for 6 to 7 minutes.