- 2 cups lukewarm water
- 2 packages active dry yeast
- 2 tablespoons granulated
- 5 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg white,
- Seasoned salt, onion powder, coarse salt or a mixture
of cinnamon and sugar
- Dissolve yeast in lukewarm water in large bowl.
- Stir in sugar, flour and oil.
- Knead on lightly floured board for about 5 minutes.
- Shape into a ball. Place in lightly greased bowl. Cover; let stand for 30
- Divide dough into thirds. Pat out dough to cover 3 well-greased cookie sheets.
Cut dough into 1-inch wide, 5 inches long sticks.
- Brush with beaten egg white.
- Sprinkle desired seasoning over the tops of sticks.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 18 to 20 minutes.
- Remove to cooling rack.
Yield: 7 1/2 dozen sticks