90 Minute Bread
- 4 cups warm water
- 4 packages yeast
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 8 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 7 to 8 cups all-purpose flour
- Dissolve yeast in 1 cup of warm water.
- Mix in remaining ingredients until dough is soft, but not sticky. Use all whole wheat flour, all white, or mixture as desired. Whole-wheat pastry flour is the most silky and desirable for all baking purposes. When dough is soft and leaves sides of bowl, cut into 4 pieces. Let stand 15 minutes.
- Pound each piece of dough for 1 minute with rolling pin on a lightly floured board.
- Form into loaves and put into 4 greased loaf pans. Let stand for 30 minutes or until doubled in size.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes at 350 degrees F.
- Cool on rack before removing loaves from pans.