Banana Yeast Bread
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 5 1/4 to 6 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 3 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 teaspoon water
- In a saucepan, cook and stir milk, butter and sugar over medium heat until butter
is melted; cool to 120 to 130 degrees F.
- In a mixing bowl, combine 2 cups of flour, yeast, salt, 2 eggs, bananas and milk
mixture; beat on low speed until combined. Beat on medium speed for 3 minutes.
- Stir in enough of the remaining flour to form a firm dough. Turn onto a floured
surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 4 to 6 minutes.
- Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a
warm place until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- Divide dough in half; shape each into a round loaf. Place on a greased baking
sheet; cut slits in tops. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- Beat remaining egg with water; brush over the loaves.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Yeast Bread Recipes