Banana Yeast Bread
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 5 1/4 to 6 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 3 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 teaspoon water
- In a saucepan, cook and stir milk, butter and sugar over medium heat until butter
is melted; cool to 120 to 130 degrees F.
- In a mixing bowl, combine 2 cups of flour, yeast, salt, 2 eggs, bananas and milk
mixture; beat on low speed until combined. Beat on medium speed for 3 minutes.
- Stir in enough of the remaining flour to form a firm dough. Turn onto a floured
surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 4 to 6 minutes.
- Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a
warm place until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- Divide dough in half; shape each into a round loaf. Place on a greased baking
sheet; cut slits in tops. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- Beat remaining egg with water; brush over the loaves.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.