- 2 cups warm water
- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 generous tablespoon each poppy, sesame, sunflower, pumpkin, flax, millet, and amaranth seeds or a combination of your choice to make about 3/4 to 1 cup total
- 1 tablespoon caraway seed, if desired
- 3 to 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- In large mixing bowl combine warm water and yeast, stirring to dissolve. Let
stand until foamy, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in salt, oil, honey, and beaten egg. Add whole wheat flour, 1 cup at a time,
beating until smooth. Stir in seeds.
- Add white flour until you have soft, workable dough. It will be on the sticky
side, but try not to add more flour than necessary. Turn out onto a floured surface,
and knead until smooth and elastic, about 10 minutes.
- Place in an oiled bowl, turning to coat top, cover with plastic wrap, and let
rise until doubled, about 1 to 2 hours.
- Punch down, and form into 2 loaves. Place into greased loaf pans, cover with
a cloth, and let rise until doubled.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bake for about 55 minutes or until loaves sound hollow when thumped on bottom.
- Turn out of pans, and cool on a wire rack.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.