Bread in a Bag
A fun way to make bread without the mixer or even a bowl!
- 2 1/2 to 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 envelope Fleischmann's® RapidRise Yeast
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons Mazola® Corn Oil
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Combine 1 cup flour, undissolved yeast, sugar, dry milk, and salt in a 1-gallon,
resealable heavy duty freezer bag. Squeeze upper part of bag to force out air.
Shake and work bag with fingers to blend ingredients.
- Heat water and oil until very warm (120 degrees to 130 degrees F); add to
flour mixture. Reseal bag; mix thoroughly by working bag with fingers. Gradually
add enough remaining flour to make a stiff batter that pulls away from the bag.
Remove dough from bag; knead on lightly floured surface until smooth and elastic,
about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Cover; let rest 10 minutes.
- Roll dough to 12 x 7-inch rectangle. Beginning from short end, roll up tightly.
Pinch seam and ends to seal. Place in greased 8-1/2 x 4-1/2-inch loaf pan. Cover;
let rise in warm, draft-free place until doubled in size, about 45 minutes to
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 30 to 35 minutes or until done.
- Cool for 5 minutes in pan.
- Remove from pan; cool completely on wire rack.
Yield: 1 loaf | Serving Size: 1 slice (1/12 of recipe), 2 ounces
Prep Time 30 min | Rise Time 45 to 60 min | Bake Time 30 to 35 min
Nutrition Facts per serving: Calories: 150 Total Fat: 3.5 grams Saturated
Fat: 0 grams Cholesterol: 0 milligrams Sodium: 200 milligrams Total Carbohydrates:
26 grams Sugar: 4 grams Dietary Fiber: 1 grams Protein: 4 grams
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Yeast Bread Recipes