- 1/2 cup lukewarm milk
- 1 package dry yeast
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups flour, divided
- Melted butter
- Place milk and yeast in mixing bowl. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Stir well. Add butter, eggs, sugar, salt and 1 cup of the flour. Beat well. Add
remaining flour to make a soft dough. Beat until smooth. Cover and let rise until
- Punch down. Let rise again. Punch down. Knead lightly to form smooth ball. (If
dough is a little hard to handle, refrigerate for several hours rather than adding
more flour.) Reserve a piece of dough the size of an egg. Place remainder in a large
well-greased mold. Make an indentation in the top of dough. Place the egg-size piece
in the indentation. Let rise until double in size.
- Baste top with melted butter. Sprinkle with extra sugar.
- Bake for about 45 minutes at 375 degrees F or until browned.
Yield: 12 servings
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.