Brown Sugar Seed Bread
- 2 to 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 3 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup wheat bran
- 1/4 cup flaxseed meal
- 1/4 cup millet seed
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seed
- 2 envelopes Fleischmann's RapidRise Yeast
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 2 tablespoons Karo Corn Syrup with real Brown Sugar
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- Melted butter or margarine (optional)
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- In a large bowl, combine 1 cup all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, wheat bran,
flaxseed meal, seeds, undissolved yeast, and salt.
- Heat water, oil, molasses, corn syrup and vinegar until very warm (120 to 130
- Gradually add to flour mixture. Beat 2 minutes at medium speed of electric mixer,
scraping bowl occasionally. Stir in enough remaining flour to make a soft dough.
Knead on lightly floured surface until smooth and elastic, about 8 to 10 minutes.
Cover; let rest 10 minutes.
- Divide dough in half. Roll each half to 12 x 7-inch rectangle. Beginning at short
end of each rectangle, roll up tightly as for jellyroll. Pinch seams and ends to
seal. Place, seam sides down, in 2 greased 8 1/2 x 4 1/2-inch loaf pans. Cover;
let rise in warm, draft-free place until doubled in size, about 30 to 45 minutes.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 25 to 30 minutes or until done.
- Remove from pans; cool on wire rack.
- Brush with melted butter, if desired.
Yield: 2 loaves
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Yeast Bread Recipes