Buttered Popcorn Bread
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 package yeast
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons wheat germ
- 1 tablespoon butter flavoring
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 5 cups popcorn, crushed
- Dissolve yeast in warm water; set aside.
- In a bowl, combine ginger, sugar, flour, wheat germ, butter flavoring, salt and
oil. Add the yeast mixture and knead until smooth and satiny, about 10 minutes.
Knead in crushed popcorn (reduces to about 2 1/2 cups). Allow to rise, covered,
in a warm place for 2 hours.
- Punch down; place in a greased loaf pan, and allow to rise until doubled in bulk,
about 1 hour.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 to 30 minutes, or until golden brown.
Yield: 8 servings
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Yeast Bread Recipes