Casserole Rye Bread
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 packages dry yeast
- 3 cups white flour
- 1 1/2 cups rye flour
- Heat milk, sugar, salt and butter together and cool to lukewarm.
- Measure warm water and dry yeast into a bowl. Stir until dissolved.
- Stir in lukewarm milk mixture and flours. Beat until well blended (this is the
secret to this bread).
- Cover and let rise free from draft about 50 minutes or until double in bulk.
- Stir batter down and beat vigorously about 30 seconds.
- Turn into a well-greased 1 1/2-quart round bottom casserole. Brush carefully
with milk and bake uncovered for about 1 hour at 375 degrees F.
- Butter top well after baking.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.