Casserole Rye Bread
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 packages dry yeast
- 3 cups white flour
- 1 1/2 cups rye flour
- Heat milk, sugar, salt and butter together and cool to lukewarm.
- Measure warm water and dry yeast into a bowl. Stir until dissolved.
- Stir in lukewarm milk mixture and flours. Beat until well blended (this is the
secret to this bread).
- Cover and let rise free from draft about 50 minutes or until double in bulk.
- Stir batter down and beat vigorously about 30 seconds.
- Turn into a well-greased 1 1/2-quart round bottom casserole. Brush carefully
with milk and bake uncovered for about 1 hour at 375 degrees F.
- Butter top well after baking.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Yeast Bread Recipes