- 1 package active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 1 3/4 cups warm milk or water
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 5 1/2 to 6 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups sharp Cheddar
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Dissolve yeast in 1/4 cup warm water.
- Add liquid, sugar, salt and gradually mix in flour. Knead dough thoroughly.
- Let rise until doubled in bulk.
- Punch down dough; knead in cheeses. Shape into 2 loaves.
- Grease loaf pans well.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.