Cheese Pepper Bread
- 1 package dry yeast
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 2 1/3 cups flour, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 egg
- 1 cup grated Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Grease 2 (1 pound) coffee cans.
- In large mixing bowl, dissolve yeast in hot water. Add 1 1/3 cups of the flour.
Add salt, sugar, baking soda, sour cream and egg. Blend 1/2 minute on low speed,
scraping bowl constantly. Beat 2 minutes on high speed, scraping bowl occasionally.
Stir in remaining flour, cheese and pepper.
- Divide batter between cans. Let rise in warm place for 50 minutes.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 40 minutes (or until golden brown).
- Immediately remove from cans.
- Cool slightly before slicing.
Variation: Add 1 tablespoon dehydrated minced onion to batter.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.