Cheesy Potato Casserole Bread
- 1 envelope active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable shorting, at room temperature
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup mashed potatoes, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup extra-sharp shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Grease a deep round or oval 2-quart casserole and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, sprinkle the yeast over the milk and let dissolve.
- Add the shortening, egg, salt, pepper and 1 cup of the flour and beat until smooth,
about 2 minutes.
- Stir in the remaining 2 cups flour, the potatoes and Cheddar until well blended.
- Scrape the dough in the prepared casserole, cover with plastic wrap, and let
rise in a warm are until doubled in bulk, about 40 minutes.
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Sprinkle the Parmesan evenly over the top of the dough and bake until golden
brown, about 45 minutes.
- Transfer the bread to a wire rack to cool, then cut into slices.
Yield: 1 loaf; 6 servings
Source: Crazy for Casseroles - James P. Villas
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Yeast Bread Recipes