- 1 package dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water (105 to 115 degrees F)
- 3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 large slightly beaten egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Soften yeast in warm water; set aside.
- Place steel blade in work bowl of food processor, add 2 cups flour, the sugar
and 1 teaspoon salt. Add half the yeast mixture; process with 4 on/off turns.
- Add the remaining yeast mixture and the oil; process 4 more on/off turns.
- Add 1 cup of the remaining flour; process 4 more on/off turns. Turn the machine
on again and process about 15 seconds or until ball of dough forms. Do not process
more than 60 seconds. If dough seems sticky to the touch, add a little of the remaining
flour; process with 1 or 2 on/off turns.
- Place ball of dough in a lightly greased bowl; turn once to grease surface. Cover.
Let rise until double (45 to 60 minutes).
- Punch dough down. Place dough in food processor bowl, add butter and egg. Process
with 3 or 4 on/off turns. Mixture will not be completely blended and will look lumpy.
Do not overmix. Turn into greased bread pan.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 30 to 35 minutes or until done.
- Remove from pan and cool on wire rack.
Yield: 10 servings
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Yeast Bread Recipes