Cottage Cheese-Dill Bread
- 2 packages dry yeast
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup warm water (105 to 115 degrees F)
- 2 cups small-curd cottage cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons dried whole dill weed
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- Butter , melted
- Dissolve yeast and 2 teaspoons sugar in warm water; let stand 5 minutes.
- Combine cottage cheese and next 6 ingredients in a large mixing bowl; stir well.
Gradually stir in enough flour to make a soft dough.
- Turn dough out onto a well-floured surface, and knead 8 to 10 minutes or until
smooth and elastic (dough will be sticky). Place in a well-greased bowl, turning
to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place (85 degrees F) free from drafts,
one hour or until doubled in bulk.
- Punch dough down, and divide in half. Shape each portion into a loaf. Place in
two well-greased 9 x 5-inch loaf pans. Cover and let rise in a warm place, free
from drafts, 45 minutes or until doubled in bulk.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 to 35 minutes or until loaves sound hollow when
- Remove loaves from pans; brush with melted butter.
- Cool completely on wire racks.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.