Cottage Cheese-Dill Bread
- 2 packages dry yeast
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup warm water (105 to 115 degrees F)
- 2 cups small-curd cottage cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons dried whole dill weed
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- Butter or margarine, melted
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Dissolve yeast and 2 teaspoons sugar in warm water; let stand 5 minutes.
- Combine cottage cheese and next 6 ingredients in a large mixing bowl; stir well.
Gradually stir in enough flour to make a soft dough.
- Turn dough out onto a well-floured surface, and knead 8 to 10 minutes or until
smooth and elastic (dough will be sticky). Place in a well-greased bowl, turning
to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place (85 degrees F) free from drafts,
one hour or until doubled in bulk.
- Punch dough down, and divide in half. Shape each portion into a loaf. Place in
two well-greased 9 x 5-inch loaf pans. Cover and let rise in a warm place, free
from drafts, 45 minutes or until doubled in bulk.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 to 35 minutes or until loaves sound hollow when
- Remove loaves from pans; brush with melted butter.
- Cool completely on wire racks.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Yeast Bread Recipes