Cream Cheese and Salsa Bread
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon yeast
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 16 ounces cream cheese
- 2 cups salsa
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 6-8 cups unbleached bread flour
- In a large mixing bowl combine water, yeast, cream cheese, salsa, butter, cornmeal
and 3 cups of flour. Mix for 5 minutes.
- Add salt to the mixture and continue adding flour until mixture pulls together
into a soft dough. Knead for 5 minutes.
- Once the dough has been kneaded for 5 minutes, oil the top of the dough and allow
to rise until doubled.
- Shape dough into desired shapes and allow to double in size once again.
- Bake dough in a 400 degree F oven for approximately 25 minutes or until the internal
temperature reaches at least 190 degrees F.
Source: Bryan Woolley, teacher at Sur La Table
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.