Crusty Home-Style Bread Bowls
These are for serving chili or thick soups.
- 1 cup water
- 2 3/4 cups Gold Medal Better for Bread Flour
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Fleischmann's Bread Machine Yeast
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon water
- Measure carefully, placing all ingredients EXCEPT egg yolk and 1 tablespoon of
water into the bread machine pan in the order recommended by the manufacturer. Select
- Grease the OUTSIDES of six 10-ounce Pyrex custard cups. Place the cups upside
down on an ungreased cookie sheet. Divide the dough into 6 equal pieces. Pat or
roll each piece into a 7-inch circle on a lightly floured surface. Shape the dough
circles over the outsides of the prepared custard cups. Do not allow the dough to
curl under the edges of the custard cups.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place for 15-20 minutes or until slightly puffy.
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees F. Mix the egg yolk and 1 tablespoon of water; brush
gently over the bread bowls.
- Bake for 18 - 22 minutes, or until the bread bowls are golden brown.
- Carefully lift the bread bowls off the custard cups. Be VERY careful - both the
bread and the custard cups will be very hot. Cool the bread bowls upright on a wire
rack. Fill with beef stew, chicken a la king, chili or other thick soup or stew.
Serving size: 6
Posted by Cookin'Mom at recipegoldmine.com
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.