Dilly Casserole Bread
- 1 package dry yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 1 cup creamed cottage cheese
- 1 tablespoon instant minced onion
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons dill seed
- 2 1/4 to 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg
- Kosher salt
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Sprinkle dry yeast over warm (110 degrees F) water.
- Heat cottage cheese to lukewarm in saucepan; add sugar, onion, butter, dill,
salt, baking soda, egg and yeast mixture.
- Add flour to form a stiff dough, beating well after each addition.
- Cover; let rise in a warm place, 85 to 90 degrees F, until double, 50 to 60 minutes.
- Stir dough down.
- Turn into a well-greased 1 1/2-quart round-bottom casserole. Let rise in a warm
place until light, about 30 to 40 minutes.
- Bake until golden brown, 40 to 45 minutes.
- Brush with butter; sprinkle with kosher salt.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Yeast Bread Recipes