English Muffin Bread
- 5 cups all-purpose flour, unsifted
- 1 1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups very warm water
- Butter and cornmeal for pans
- In a large bowl mix dry ingredients and corn oil. Pour in 2 cups water and mix
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and a towel. Let stand at room temperature overnight
or at least 6 hours. The dough will more than double and then may fall again somewhat,
which is normal.
- Generously butter 2 (7 1/2 x 3 1/2-inch) bread pans and sprinkle with cornmeal.
- Divide dough, without kneading, into 2 portions and place in pans.
- Cover and let rise for 1 1/2 to 2 hours or until double in bulk.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bake for 1 hour, then cool on rack in pans.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.