English Muffin Bread
- 5 cups all-purpose flour, unsifted
- 1 1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups very warm water
- Butter and cornmeal for pans
- In a large bowl mix dry ingredients and corn oil. Pour in 2 cups water and mix
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and a towel. Let stand at room temperature overnight
or at least 6 hours. The dough will more than double and then may fall again somewhat,
which is normal.
- Generously butter 2 (7 1/2 x 3 1/2-inch) bread pans and sprinkle with cornmeal.
- Divide dough, without kneading, into 2 portions and place in pans.
- Cover and let rise for 1 1/2 to 2 hours or until double in bulk.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bake for 1 hour, then cool on rack in pans.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Yeast Bread Recipes