Flower Pot Walnut Bread
- 2 ounces fresh yeast
- 3 cups lukewarm water
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 egg
- 6 to 7 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 new (5-6 inch diameter) clay pots*
* Purchase only clay pots made in the United States. Those manufactured outside
the United States mix lead with the clay.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Pour water into a bowl and add yeast and a pinch of sugar. Let stand for a few
- Add remaining sugar, salt, butter and flour as needed. Knead well.
- Put into an oiled bowl, cover and let rise for about 2 hours.
- Knead the dough again, adding walnuts.
- Grease the flower pots.
- Divide dough into 4 equal parts, roll each into a ball and place them in flower
pots. Let rise for about 30 minutes.
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Make a cut across the surface of the dough. Whisk the egg lightly and brush the
- Bake for about 40 minutes.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Yeast Bread Recipes