Flower Pot Walnut Bread
- 2 ounces fresh yeast
- 3 cups lukewarm water
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 egg
- 6 to 7 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 new (5-6 inch diameter) clay pots*
* Purchase only clay pots made in the United States. Those manufactured outside
the United States mix lead with the clay.
- Pour water into a bowl and add yeast and a pinch of sugar. Let stand for a few
- Add remaining sugar, salt, butter and flour as needed. Knead well.
- Put into an oiled bowl, cover and let rise for about 2 hours.
- Knead the dough again, adding walnuts.
- Grease the flower pots.
- Divide dough into 4 equal parts, roll each into a ball and place them in flower
pots. Let rise for about 30 minutes.
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Make a cut across the surface of the dough. Whisk the egg lightly and brush the
- Bake for about 40 minutes.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.