Foolproof French Bread
- 1 package dry yeast
- 2 cups lukewarm water
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- In large bowl, mix flour, salt and sugar together.
- In small bowl, dissolve yeast in water. Pour yeast mixture over other ingredients.
Stir and mix.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and let rise 4 hours.
- Punch down, but do not knead. Place in greased soufflé dish. Cover and let rise
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 1 hour. Bread may need to be covered during the last
15 minutes if it browns too quickly.
- If you do not want a hard crust, brush loaf with butter after removing from oven.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.