Harissa Focaccia Bread
Put an ethnic twist on traditional focaccia bread with this harissa-seasoned bread recipe. Tunisian harissa seasoning gives this dense bread a spicy and robust flavor, making it perfect to serve with deli meats and cheese or to dip into a harissa-based dip or spread for more zip.
- 1 teaspoon Frontier Co-op Cane Sugar, Organic
- 1 teaspoon Frontier Table Grind Sea Salt
- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
- 1 cup lukewarm water
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon Frontier Harissa Seasoning
- 2 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon olive oil, divided
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese
- In a medium bowl, mix yeast, sugar and water. Let sit about 10
minutes, or until milky.
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, salt and 1 tablespoon Harissa
Seasoning. Create a well in the middle of the mixture.
- Once the yeast mixture is ready, add 1 tablespoon olive oil and
yeast mixture into the well. When dough has pull together, place in a
bowl and add 1 tablespoon olive oil, and slightly knead into the dough
(about 1 to 2 minutes). Cover dough with a damp cloth, and let rise in a
warm place for at least 20 minutes.
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F.
- When dough is ready, knead for about a minute, and then place on a
greased baking sheet. Pat into a 1/2-inch thick circle. Brush with 1
teaspoon olive oil, and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon Harissa Seasoning and
cheeses. Pat down the cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until golden brown. Serve warm.
- Serve with your favorite deli meats and cheese for a delicious
Total Time: 30 min | Hands-on Time: 15 min | Yield: 16 servings
Recipe and photo used with permission: Frontier Co-op
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.