Honey-Oat Casserole Bread
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water (110-115 degrees F)
- 1/4 cup
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup quick-cooking
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- In a large mixing bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water.
- In another bowl, combine the butter, honey and boiling water; stir until butter
is melted. Cool to 110-115 degrees F.
- Add the eggs, oats, salt, butter mixture and 2 cups flour to the yeast mixture;
beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft
dough (I used all of it). Dough will be slightly sticky.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 55 minutes.
- Punch dough down. Transfer to a greased 1 1/2-quart round baking dish. Cover
and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing to wire rack to cool.
- Cut into wedges.
Yield: 1 loaf (12 wedges)
Source: Taste Of Home Oct/Nov 2005