Kings Hawaiian Bread
- 6 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 packages yeast
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1/2 cup flour
- Beat eggs; add pineapple juice, water, sugar, ginger, vanilla extract and melted
- Put 3 cups of the flour in large mixing bowl. Add egg mixture and stir until
- Sprinkle in yeast, 1 package at a time, mixing well.
- Gradually add remaining 3 cups of flour. Batter will be hard to mix with spoon.
You may have to use your hands. Make sure it is mixed well.
- Leave batter in bowl and cover with cloth and place in warm place. Let rise for
- Remove from bowl and knead in the 1/2 cup flour. Knead about 10 times.
- Divide into 3 equal parts and place in well-greased round cake pans. Cover and
place in warm place and let rise again, for l hour.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 25 to 30 minutes.