Milwaukee Rye Bread
- 1 1/2 packages active dry yeast
- 2 cups hot potato water
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 4 cups rye flour
- 2 cups wheat flour
- 1 cup riced potatoes, solidly packed
- 1 teaspoon caraway seed
- Dissolve yeast in 1/4 cup of the warm liquid. Add remaining liquid. Stir in remaining
ingredients. Knead until smooth and elastic. Let rise in warm place until doubled.
Form into loaves.
- Place in loaf pans. Let rise.
- When doubled in bulk, brush top with water; bake at 375 degrees F for 1 hour
Yield: 2 loaves