Muenster Cheese Bread
This delicious Muenster Cheese-filled bread will be a hit with everyone!
- 12 Rhodes™ Dinner Rolls, or 1 loaf Bread Dough, thawed to room temperature
- 2 eggs, divided
- 4 cups grated Muenster cheese (about 1 pound)
- Spray counter lightly with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine rolls and roll into a 16-inch circle.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let rest.
- Mix the cheese with 1 egg and 1 egg yolk.
- Save the egg white and set aside.
- Remove wrap from dough and carefully lift the dough into a sprayed 9-inch
round cake pan.
- Center the dough in the pan draping the excess over the edges.
- Spread the cheese mixture evenly over the dough in the pan.
- Gather the dough up and over the cheese mixture, gently pleating it in about
1 1/2-inch pleats.
- Bring the pleats together at the top and twist to make a ball of dough on
top of the bread.
- Cover with sprayed plastic wrap and let rise 15-30 minutes.
- Remove wrap and brush the loaf with beaten egg white.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 20 minutes.
- Cover with foil to prevent over browning and bake an additional 20 minutes.
- Carefully remove from pan and cool before slicing.
Servings: 8-10 | Prep Time: 30 min | Bake Time: 40 min
Recipe and photo credit: Rhodes International - rhodesbread.com