Oatmeal Batter Bread
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 3 tablespoons shortening
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 1 package dry yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- In medium bowl, stir together boiling water, oats, shortening, honey, salt and
apple pie spice until well mixed. Cool.
- Mix yeast, sugar and warm water, stirring until dissolved.
- Add yeast mixture, egg and 1 1/4 cups flour to oatmeal mixture. Beat well.
- Gradually add the 1 1/2 cups flour. Beat until batter is smooth.
- Spread batter into greased 9 x 5-inch loaf pan. Cover with towel and let rise
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 1 hour.