Raisin Batter Bread
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 package yeast
- 1 cup warm water (105-110 degrees F)
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Scald milk, stir in sugar, butter and salt. Cool to lukewarm.
- In large bowl dissolve yeast in warm water. Stir in milk mixture, egg and 2 cups
flour. Beat until smooth.
- Stir in additional flour to make stiff batter. Cover; let rise out of drafts
until double in bulk (about 1 hour).
- Stir down batter. Beat in raisins. Turn into greased 1-quart round casserole.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 40 to 45 minutes.
- Immediately turn out onto rack to cool.
Yield: 1 loaf
Posted by Cory at Recipe Goldmine 2004/2/28 08:07.