- 3 1/4 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 package RapidRise Yeast*
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1/4 cup Thousand Island dressing
- 6 ounces thinly sliced corned beef
- 1/4 pound sliced Swiss cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) can sauerkraut
- 1 egg white, beaten
- Caraway seeds, optional
- Set aside 1 cup flour.
- In large bowl mix remaining flour, sugar, salt and yeast.
- Stir in hot water and margarine.
- Mix in reserved flour to make a soft dough. Knead on floured surface about 4
- On greased baking sheet, roll dough to 10 x 14-inch. Spread dressing down center
- Top with beef, cheese and sauerkraut. Cut 1-inch wide strips from outside edge
toward filling. Alternating sides, fold strips at an angle over filling. Cover dough.
Place baking sheet over shallow pan 1/2 filled with boiling water for 15 minutes.
- Brush with egg white. Sprinkle with caraway seeds.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 25 minutes.
- Cool slightly before cutting.
* To make using regular yeast - Dissolve yeast in 1 cup warm water. Mix in margarine,
sugar, salt and enough flour to make soft dough. After kneading, cover, let rise
in greased bowl over hot water 20 minutes. Punch down dough, shape as above, let
rise again. Bake as above.
Posted by JBic at Recipe Goldmine 7/10/01 5:46:27 pm.