- 1 (1/4 ounce) package dry yeast
- 3/4 cup warm water (110 to 115 degrees F)
- 1/2 cup potato flakes
- 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seed
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (14 ounce) can sauerkraut, drained, and chopped
- 3 1/2 to 4 cups flour
- In large bowl, sprinkle yeast over water. Stir until dissolved.
- Blend in potato flakes, brown sugar, salt, caraway seed, oil and sauerkraut.
- Gradually add flour to make a stiff dough.
- Knead on floured surface for 4 minutes.
- Cover and let rise in warm spot until doubled in size, about 45 minutes to 1
- Punch down and shape into loaf. Place in oiled 9 x 5-inch baking pan. Cover and
let rise in warm place until doubled in size, about 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until deep golden brown.
Yield: 1 loaf